Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thinking Outside The Box

Are you currently involved in a MLM and not having the success you would like to have? I have been in several network marketing companies over the years, and if I had to come up with the one thing I would do differently, it would be to *not* just sign up everyone I could. Some people have what it takes to be a superstar, but almost 85%-90% do not. So, what good does it do you to sign up those that want something for nothing? MLM’ing is hard work; you can’t just sit back and wait for something to happen. You have to seek people out, talk to them, find out what they want out of life, and find out if they are willing to put forth some effort. Until you do that and make up your mind you have to help them to achieve their dreams, your business, as well as theirs, will fail. Mentoring is a big part of MLM. To teach, to help anyway you can, to sacrifice your time, to make learning a part of your daily activities.

I have been going over things in my mind that I could do that will make me a success. I know me, and getting people to meetings is not one of my strong points. In fact, I have failed miserably in that department, as have those that I have signed in the past.

The answer was right there in front of me all along, the network – i.e. the Internet. What better way to reach people than through the Internet. As soon as I had this revelation, along comes Nussentials, a great company with excellent products and a killer compensation plan. Now, all I had to do was figure out a way to bring my handwriting analysis expertise and my night-time passion of network marketing together and put them on the “net”. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?

I spent many days and nights turning this idea over in my mind. There had to be a way. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks… help network marketers find business builders by teaching them to evaluate the handwriting of their prospects, before they signed on the dotted line.

Have you ever wondered what it would take to find a superstar? What characteristics does a person need to be successful in this business? Good oral expression comes to mind. Someone able to get a point across and think fast on their feet, able to anticipate what will be said and be ready with a response. Determination also comes to mind. Someone who says “I will stay with this and I enjoy being around people”. Someone who is not shy, has high goals and the ability to make their goals a reality. Someone who is stubborn and won’t easily give up. initiative and willing to try new things, someone looking for knowledge. Someone who is naturally analytical and doesn’t necessarily accept knowledge acquired by others. A sense of humor is also a must. Someone able to laugh at themselves. Another real strong trait a superstar would have would be enthusiasm, that ability to get everyone around him or her excited and involved. Good organization skills are a requirement as is compassion.

When I realized I had a blueprint of the ideal superstar in front of me, I knew I had to figure out a way to teach this to other network marketers. So, over the next few weeks, I will be creating a series of articles that detail stroke structure, how to identify these traits and make that knowledge work for you. Stay tuned…

1 comment:

Cenay Nailor said...

I am very excited by this concept. I can't wait to hear more about how to pre-qualify a "business-builder" based on samples of handwriting!